york rally

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

eastcoast
CMBA Member: 0

york rally

Post by eastcoast »

Just a few updates regarding the York rally this coming weekend.
The slipway is under new management and the launch fee has increased from £10 to £15, which is imo not extortionate.

It will be busy being the bank holiday and following the action of a cmba member a couple of weeks ago it has been asked if we will not work on our boats on the pontoons or block the boatyard entrance whilst putting straps, lightboards on etc, there are dedicated spaces so as not to restrict access.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Paul

Howstar

Re: york rally

Post by Howstar »

Well done Paul

What a good do

Buck me on the next York rally

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

Glad you enjoyed the weekend Howard.

Many thanks to everyone who supported the rally and travelled so far to make this a great event.
Fantastic run to Linton Lock on Saturday and a very pleasant afternoon in York today with lots of sights and attractions.

Many thanks guys

Paul

carl minshall

Post by carl minshall »

Great weekend, here's some pics.
Attachments
DSCF09477.jpg
66.jpg
44.jpg

Si Crowe

Post by Si Crowe »

only just joined but I see I've been here before. :chuffed:

I'm the chavy urchin in the Avon rib in the background. :notworthy:

for what it's worth I've posted some photos of your outing on another post. hope that's ok.

chriscraft

Post by chriscraft »

Good to see you had a good weekend sorry we could not be there, busy burning fossil fuel on lake Annecy France. I note your comments re a previous weekends activities with interest! :o
If the new owners are referring to me :oops: then their notion that I was a CMBA member must be purely speculative as at no time did I inform or indicate that I was. yes there was a slight delay in getting the new motor coaxed into life (10 mins) but I was not aware that I was delaying any other launching, on returning some hours later as it was quiet I took the opportunity to retime the ignition whilst in the water at the dock(again 10mins) If there was an issue you would assume that the person in charge would have talked to me directly rather than tittle tattling to unconnected visitors over 2 weeks later, for the record I have been associated with this facility all my life ,my grandfather ,uncle and father hand dug that slipway in the late 1950s and I was helping to launch boats from my families boatyard in the village ( now a housing estate) as far back as I can remember, knee high to a grass hopper!! :hmmm: ok rant over..
that bloke up north !

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

David, as you attended the rally previous the slip owners knew you were a CMBA member, the boat probably gave a clue also.
There has been lots of change at the slipway, notably no working on boats and returning the boats once recovered into the boat park area to strap up and not leave in front of the slip or gateway. (The positive is less dog walkers and cars clogging up the parking) It's not my yard or my rules, I'm just the messenger!

Glad Annecy trip went well.

Paul

Sea-Jay

Post by Sea-Jay »

Just to add my two penny worth! I was one of the 3 CMBA members with my Albatross, who appear to have upset the slipway owners - at no time did any of us hold up anyone else - my wife was present on shore during all 3 launches and my recovery and she agrees. When I was ready to recover my boat a chap with a Bayliner was starting to launch, we chatted and agreed that I would leave the Albatross moored to the pontoon whilst he launched, then recover my boat - again no hold-ups were caused!