Red Line Outboard Services - 1st Dec Update

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Red Line Outboard Services - 1st Dec Update

Post by solitaire »

Mike Cripps, a good friend to many of us is closing down his outboard repair shop and chandlers in Abingdon at Christmas - He still has a good stock of Mercury, Mariner and Honda parts for sale plus chandlery, paints, varnish, control and steering cables and most boating items - All at reasonable prices ( I managed to find some NOS Mercury Instrument panels and parts for my 70's and 80's motors) - If you are looking for anything boaty - it may be worth giving Mike a call before it's sold off to the trade or put aside for boat jumbles next year!
Mike can be contacted on 01235 521562 - (mention the CMBA)
I am in and out of the shop quite a lot, and happy to pick up members purchases and hold until you collect.
Last edited by solitaire on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: Red Line Outboard Services - Closing Down Sale

Post by floater »

I wish I had known of Mike and Redline earlier. I happened to be over that way today so popped in on the off chance of getting some obsolete parts for my Merc 80. To be honest I thought I had no chance as even web searches in the US had drawn a blank.
Not only was Mike very helpful, he had all the parts I was after in stock, amazing!
He said he was aiming to clear the stock by the end of the month, so if there is something you need, however obscure or unlikely you think it may be I would reccomend you give Mike a call. :perfect:
Of course having returned home I remembered a bunch of other stuff that I should have enquired about so if it's engaged when you call chances are its me.

solitaire

Re: Red Line Outboard Services - Closing Down Sale

Post by solitaire »

Monday 24th - I have just seen Mike and he has now sold all of the Chandlery stock - but still has a lot of Mercury spares....

solitaire

Re: Red Line Outboard Services - 1st Dec Update

Post by solitaire »

Monday 1st Dec

I have put a few things on EBay for Mike - - All old stock, ie Flywheel flex plates, steering arms,
I still have two boxes of stuff! (straight gears and bearing carrier for old 1000 i/l 6, dist caps, rotor arms and brushes for older models), - and will put a list of the remaining part no's that I have on the forum before they go on eBay

Mike has also offered his microfiche reader all of the fiches? (going back years) I know a lot of this is on the web these days,- but if anyone has room for it before it goes in the skip, - please give him a call.

moonman

Post by moonman »

Been to see Mike this morning , Now have an estate car full of OMC bits mainly for my old Evinrudes. Not much left there now, but give Mike a call to see if he can help you out, he's very helpful and certainly knows his stuff! .

nos4r2
CMBA Member: 0

Post by nos4r2 »

Hi, does anyone have current contact details for Mike? I only just saw this thread.