1977 Almarine Meteor Jet Boat

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

JetDriver
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Hi CMBA

Post by JetDriver »

Ahh cool, think my impeller should be OK then.
Very kind of you to offer me you old scoop mate.
Your rotax prob wont have a charging system but doesn't really need one as you have CDI ignition which generates its own power for the spark plugs. You will prob just have to charge your battery up at the end of each day on the water cos the starter motor pulls a lot of load from the battery.
BTW do you know what water temp your rotax ran at in the buccaneer? I am aiming for about 75-80 degrees but that is just a guess at the moment. I find you only need a trickle of water to keep the thing cool.
1977 Almarine Meteor Jetboat Restoration http://almarinemeteor.blogspot.com/

huntsman 31

Post by huntsman 31 »

No worries on the inlet scoop just let me know address and its in the post :thumbsup: I have no clue on the temp it did not feel to hot,i would like some clocks on the dash tho. i do have a old speedo run off pressure that should look good but with a pending weddin and a tight bird my funds are slimm :(

JetDriver

Post by JetDriver »

Cheers mate.
Congrats about the wedding.

frog

Post by frog »

I also have a meteor jet boat. I've had lots of problems with mine. I have not been able to finding parts. I wish i could find a book on the boat. mind is set up different. I had mine on the water 2 times. the first time the fuel pump that i got was junk. The last run was a blast tell the love joy went out. My hole family got a ride. My boat was made buy link leisur.
Attachments
boat 001.jpg

JetDriver

Post by JetDriver »

:D :perfect:

Hi. This is great. Didn't expect any other Meteors to come out of the woodwork.
What troubles are you having with it? You can buy new fuel pumps for the Rotax from BING. I have a Rotax 637 workshop manual, and some info on the BING carburettor. Nothing on the jet pump though.
Are you planning on fixing it up?

frog

Post by frog »

My boat run good. :wot: The carb needs fixed. One float is shot letting the fuel to leak out. The adjustment screw on top of the carb is busted. I've made the windsheld out of a tub and shower wall. I think it look good? Ive replace the love joy that went out. I need to got moor money to buy parts. :grrr: I mite move soon. I would like to paint the boat im thinhing of green. :hmmm: Its hard to get money when ive got 3 kids :grrr: Im in tooele utah. Hears a new picture.
Attachments
new picture
new picture

JetDriver

Post by JetDriver »

huntsman 31 wrote:No worries on the inlet scoop just let me know address and its in the post :thumbsup: I have no clue on the temp it did not feel to hot,i would like some clocks on the dash tho. i do have a old speedo run off pressure that should look good but with a pending weddin and a tight bird my funds are slimm :(
Hi Michael, any chance you could drop me an email at dom100@hotmail.com so i can send you my address. Would be great to have the scoop cos there's a chance i might get the thing on the water next weekend. :wot: If you email me your address too and i'll post you all the info i have on the boat and carburettor etc, plus useful contacts.

Cheers Dom

huntsman 31

Post by huntsman 31 »

hi Dom sent you an email no worries. you can adapt the scoop plate no problem sorry again for my mess up :oops:.Im working tonight but will check my mail when i get in and post first thing

JetDriver

Post by JetDriver »

Cheers Michael, thats such a great help. What modification will be required to the scoop?
Put the new trailer together today, gave the engine a quick run, did the wiring for the gauges. Tomorrow the jet pump is going on, then its just the scoop and all is looking good for a maiden run next weekend. :perfect:

Frog, good work on the windshield, looks good. Hopefully you'll have her back on the water soon. Must be some AMAZING boating to be had in Utah. Things are way too regulated in the UK.

huntsman 31

Post by huntsman 31 »

hi Dom the only problem i can see is, the bolts holdings are angled on the scoop plate. so when you have the pump up to the boat, the bolts will be at a different angle, then grind the fins flush with the back of the boat and you will be well away. The holes in the front seem to be for a "great" as they match up with holes in my boat hull, i am going to use good strong metel bar or some thing :hmmm: just one more job to do :lol: mine seem endless. my mate is makin my engine bracket so every day my fun gets closer,