Anyone reconize the make of this boat

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

grant

Anyone reconize the make of this boat

Post by grant »

Hi There chaps,i managed to find some old snipits of an old cine film of my dad's boat that I adored when I was a kid in the early 60's,I wonder if you could take a look at the video we spliced and posted on youtube so we could get all to look to see if anyone can reconize and report back what make it maybe,please and thank you,Please note the quality is poor,but there are some still shots at the end that may help,aslo i love the old gale 40hp sovereign,wish i could find one for my boat many thanks guys
Grant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke6X2RRv4DA

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Anyone reconize the make of this boat

Post by Alacrity »

Not sure on the boat - poss Glen L design???

Great atmospheric footage though, where was it filmed? The craning in & out looked a little hairy by todays standards, and were they going for the record number of people in a small runabout! :D

Great stuff, thanks for posting it up. :thumbsup:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

grant

Post by grant »

Hi alacrity,i found some old cine that had been put on vhs by my dad yrs ago,i then sat in front of tv filming with digital camera and then edited it on a prog we got from the net,the footage was taken in 62-67 from what i can work out and was filmed in various places,some in the south of england,south of france and palamos spain,its strange because he sold that boat when i was 5yrs old,and i am in the video at that age and REMEMBER all those kids that were holiday with us getting in the boat and i hated it!!! horrible little kid i was,i loved that boat so much that i didnt like all those kid disrespecting it,I have grown up now and have learnt to share!!!! :lol: thanks for looking.

When you say Glen L is L abbreviated for anything,only i would love to find one or at least some info or picture or something :grrr: :hmmm:
Thanks again
Grant

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Glen L supply plans for homebuild, see:- http://www.glen-l.com/

I'm not saying this is what it was but it has the look of some of their designs. Others may well pop up here with a definitive answer!
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!