Insurance - Is Third Party Possible?

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Insurance - Is Third Party Possible?

Post by twister »

I just had my annual renewal come through from GJW for later this month and, like others, I reckon it's a bit steep.

There was a lot of discussion a few months ago - did anyone find a better alternative?

Realistically, all we need is Third Party cover, to keep venues etc happy. There used to be a good third party scheme, but as far as I know it died a death.

Any suggestions welcomed!

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Re: Insurance - Is Third Party Possible?

Post by petrolhead »

I have been discussing insurance too, having to renew the cruiser's policy this month. I took it on my head to talk to insurers at the same time about a "club" scheme for classic boats and the only joy I have had is serious interest from one reputable company. However they only wanted third party which for many will not suit and they said the rate I was quoted by GJW on Comprehensive for a multi boat policy was so good I should break their arm off!

They would be interested in looing at it further but i would like to see comprehensive and third party options.