Albatross Spares available

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Albatross Spares available

Post by Simonp »

Called into Waterhead Marine in Ambleside when I was up in the Lakes. Was looking for history on my Simmonds - they have sale records going back to the 60's.

Was informed that they still have some Albatross spares - windscreens and shafts were mentioned but do try them if you after something. Very friendly guys but suffering as you would expect.

SimonP
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.

LaDauphine

Re: Albatross Spares available

Post by LaDauphine »

I had a good poke around upstairs in the loft at Waterhead. that must be a few years ago. david podmore was with me

They seem to have a lot of windscreens which may fit, and some random prop shafts, but there wasn't the treasure trove i was expecting, otherwise i would have bagged it...

yes, they are really good people, but like most businesses in the Lakes, have been suffering ever since the speed limit was announced, not even just since implementation.

R