Stolen Boat

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Stolen Boat

Post by Rapier »

The chap I sold my Broom Gemini to has reported the boat stolen from his driveway in London. Both the boat and the engine are distinctive. I will post photos here, but in the interim if you are offered call the police.

Engine = 1967 350, 35hp twin cylinder shortshaft Mercury serial number 2254736, manual start - very tidy looking and rare in the UK.

Boat = early 70s, Mustard colour gelcoat topdeck, cream gelcoat hull, dophin grey interior paint, black vinyl upholstery, repaired section under back seat squab, serial number 32334GB (Federation of Boat Builders ali plate on transom).

Trailer = Snipe Breakback, 2 rear bunks and rollers down center keel, same age as boat, green wheels, metal mudguards, painted black hammerite, serial unknown
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Stolen Boat

Post by Rapier »

Nick,

Details are as follows :

Boat was stolen between 20th and 25th June from Green Lane, Sunbury-on-Thames

The boat had its cover on and rackett strapped down. The Light board, flag, oars, large fender and Flag were in the boat along with a full tank of fuel.

Crime Reference Number is SL095114 and further information should be telephoned through to 01483 571212
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...