Jack Broom Boats are here!

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Jack Broom Boats are here!

Post by BroomBroom »

Our latest member on the forum here - StewartS - is the General Manager of J.Broom Ltd.

Just thought I'd let you know that Stewart and his team are currently building a website to provide an official presence on the web for all things related to Broom boats...
...gearing up to relaunch with a range of clothing, accessories and spare parts for these Classic Speedboats
They are on Twitter (for those who tweet) - http://twitter.com/JackBroomBoats - and also have a Facebook page, where they are slowly adding archive photographs etc.

So, if you're reading this, welcome aboard StewartS - and thanks for the CMBA mentions/tweets!

Cheers,

Robin
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

StewartS

Re: Jack Broom Boats are here!

Post by StewartS »

Hi Robin and Hello Everyone else!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Early days with the Jack Broom Boats website and all things internet based but I shall be updating both Twitter and Facebook on a regular basis, currently investigating myspace and any other route to allow enthusiasts to make contact.

Could I ask anyone interested to log onto our Facebook page and become a fan. I shall update information here too but in the meantime if I can be of any help to anyone please do drop me a message.

Best wishes

Stewart

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

welcome aboard MR BROOM, it would be nice to have BROOM rallay in you area with other CLASSIC BOATS
Attachments
old broom at pagent of power.JPG

StewartS

Post by StewartS »

Hello Howstar,

Do you know I was only thinking about that just the other day! I will have a chat with John (Mr Broom) and see if we can get something arranged for later this summer maybe.

Best wishes

StewartS

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

I would be up for that - although the calendar is pretty full!!
Attachments
Thunderball1-small.jpg
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

StewartS

Post by StewartS »

Perhaps everyone could check their calendars and let me have some dates.
I've suggested it to John Broom and we're happy to host an event here in Norfolk.

Let me know when might be a good time and we'll see what we can do.

StewartS

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Stewart

Looking at the current calendar we are pretty heavily booked with various club events through to October this year (see http://www.cmba-uk.com/events/index.htm) & I do try to keep a weekend free between events for those of us with family commitments. We tend to be a little light on events in the spring/early summer period so maybe it might be an idea to try & sort something for that period next year. That way we stand more chance of getting a better turnout if the Broom event doesn't clash/run close to a previously arranged event this year. We could of course try to do both but it is a case of trying to fit it in to avoid clashes.

Let me know what you think, we are very keen to make this event happen, it's just a case of when. By all means send me a PM and we can talk on the phone as that may be easier.

Regards

Geoff

CMBA event coordinator
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

Perhaps we could have a spares` day or boat jumble or a static boat day if we can`t have get date for river trip