Broom Capricorn

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Broom Capricorn

Post by Rapier »

Rather fancy one, but the Capricorn only came out in the very early 70s though? The 14ft 'MK1' version was still available to order in 1968/69, so can imagine there was a period before they used the name again.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Sicobra
CMBA Member: 891

Post by Sicobra »

HI Tb, the reference to Gina not being a Capricorn was not a dig at you, I was just trying to help you in case you didn't realise she was a different sort of boat. As your user name Total Beginner indicates you may be new to these boats and being relatively new to this fab hobby myself I know from past experience that I have learned an huge amount from other members who have corrected or pointed out miss identifications that I have made in the past. Only trying to help, cheers, :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

stevem3akm

Post by stevem3akm »

Hi, the Capricorn you are discussing is called Jura if my memory is correct. It was so fitted with a Mercruiser 888 which is a Ford 302 cu.in. unit with an Alpha 1 drive. My first Capricorn was powered by this unit and had good economy with a max of 50mph. I am currently restoring my third Capricorn but this will have a 330 hp small block. Regards, Steve.

Rudy
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Rudy »

Just stumbled across this post - did you ever get the info you wanted on the Broom Capricorn? - this boat originally belonged to me / I had is fully restored, before shipping to Lake Como - I know your post was dated 2013, though if you still want / require info, them let me know ..

islandbaggers
CMBA Member: 0

Post by islandbaggers »

Hi Rudy,
Do you have any photos you can post here for all to see especially the interior would be great?
Any general info would be good on your refurbishment!
Thanks