Beaulieu Boat Jumble Sunday

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Looking forward to it - bring the winter woolies though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2656079
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

Dropped the boat off; the line up is a Riva Junior, Healey Sprite and Jinx and 3 pointer hydros on the hill next to Bluebird K3 (they started it up this afternoon and it is absolutely fabulous). If you're not there tomorrow, here's a vid of it. Lots of crackles, backfiring (until it warms up) and a haze of hot air above it like a desert scene.... What a sight and the noise is just great..

The rest of us in the Marquee and surrounds - a superb and recent self build from a US naval architect (I will remember who the plans came from later...), a Fairey Cinderella, a Delta, a recently Stapely Ski Hawk with Mercury Tower of Power, Albatross Continental and Pearly Miss, with Phil's ChrisCraft and Chris P's antique outboards coming tomorrow morning.

Come and chat if you're around...there'll be members manning both stands..

Saw a 1941 or 1942 on a stand...I think is Johnson TS-15 or KS-15..can't remember so is either 5hp or 9.8 ..is a parallel twin in unrestored but nice complete condition with visible decals..asking price £350 but is an unknown. I will be there, so if anyone is really interested I can pick it up. My number is in the mag.

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Beaulieu Boat Jumble Sunday

Post by catweazle »

Thanks for the vid,its a long way in a day for us old codgers with a not so good forecast,so enjoy your day lots of pics please. :thumbsup:

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

Many thanks to our exhibitors, the organisers, our Beaulieu host and the Bluebird K3 team. I had a fabulous time - the weather held off even if it was cold. I bought more junk to add to my growing pile. The score of the day was much needed and hard to find remote control kits for a few of our OMC owners at 2 quid each. These were buried in a dealer's box and the plastic bags so handled that the contents we're only evident on closer inspection...

Here's another few vids of Sunday's start-up from the Bluebird K3.

Attachments
Picture 210 (Large).jpg

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

I had a great weekend too, apart from the never ending cold. I can't remember chunks of ice being removed from frozen boat covers at the end of April before!

As ever a great social get together, a fun meal & a few drinks Saturday night was a great tonic. Managed to bag myself an Avon tube fender for £35.00 (£100 + new) & a smaller one for £10.00, plus 4 litres of Quicksilver premium plus 2 stroke oil for £25.00 which seems about a tenner less that the 'net is listing it as. Also a nice grab handle for the Stapely which my passengers will appreciate!

Having Bluebird K3 'in our camp' was also a great privilege as well & the engine runs were popular. With Sir Malcolm Campbell's first Bluebird car & first Bluebird boat together it was probably a first, but even if it has happened before it won't have been since the 1930's.

As ever my thanks to those that made it happen, notably Alisdair L & Andy W, but also to all who brought their boats & manned the stands. The bitter weather reduced the numbers in the afternoon which made for lighter footfall on our stands than hoped for but it was still a great flag waving event.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Post by water_buoy »

Excellent weekend, this was my first time at the Beaulieu jumble and I couldn't believe how big it was despite everyone saying it was smaller then previously.

I've got a few pics from the weekend anyway, feel free to pinch any if you want to!

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/dan9487 ... t=3&page=1

They are currently still uploading as well so there may be a few more to follow yet.
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

jetmadstar
CMBA Member: 840

Post by jetmadstar »

HI all, thanks to everyone ( well done Al ! ) , I think it was a great day, bar the cold !! Why is it when I take the Mrs to Beaulieu, she ends up with more new clothes than I get anything else ???? :hmmm: Mark P

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Thanks to all for organising a great (but cold) day out :thumbsup:
Growing up is optional...