Ivy Lake event today

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Ivy Lake event today

Post by Rapier »

Many thanks to Floater for the org of this cracking but extremely cold day out! Likewise to Catweazle again, for his launching and recovery skills (one day it will only be one of each for my boat...) and Phil B & Floater for being today's rubberists. Good to catch up with all too! Thanks again.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Ivy Lake event today

Post by catweazle »

Dispite the cold the real enthusiasts were there :giggle:
Got a bit worried when all i could see was the bottom of your boat as it came up the ramp :shock:
Nice to meet everyone and the gentleman asking about the Champ look here for some video.
http://www.youtube.com/user/trafforde

John Boggis
CMBA Member: 845

Post by John Boggis »

Yes, thank you for the organisation and the launch and recovery service. Sorry I had to be yellow-flagged!

I am the chap who asked about the champ. Thanks for the link; excellent viewing!

And thanks to se7en for getting the Tower of Power to run so well. I am really pleased with the Tremlett. Mrs B says it is the smoothest ride of all the boats!

But it was VERY cold.

John

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Post by puddleduck »

Thanks for the organisation chaps, great to get on the water again despite being a little on the chilly side (!)

Thunderbolt ran really well with the Merc 350 motor up another 1 1/2" (transom height now 17") and seemed to pull the 16" two blade radice prop happily, however tacho not working so no idea of revs. Didn't need to leave the boat to get wet this time as there was more water on the inside - a check back on the trailer has revealed she's starting to open up along the seams up forward where the sponsons attach to the main hull. Impossible to get to these areas inside without removing the whole deck, which is not an option, so a complete equipment strip-out then turn her over. I think with some judicious use of epoxy fillers I will be able to run a fillet along the joint line. :hmmm:

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Great day, thanks to all.
Growing up is optional...

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

catweazle wrote:Got a bit worried when all i could see was the bottom of your boat as it came up the ramp :shock:
Me too, but the motor was cocked and boat is a tough 'un. :thumbsup:

Apologies to anyone I've given a cold to: very crook today.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

A big thank you to all of those that turned out and braved the cold.

Special thanks also to Catweazle for launching and Healey 75 for all the help and guidence.

Look forward to seeing you all (and more) back again on 3rd November :thumbsup:

Mirak
CMBA Member: 672

Post by Mirak »

Thanks for a great, but cold day out.

Swift Hydro Spray.jpg
The Boggis Swift (and loud) hydro in action - somewhere in that spray

CH Hydro.jpg
The Harris quiet Hydro - the right way up.

Tremlett 17 Ivy Lake - 1.jpg
First time out for the other Boggis' Tremlett 17. (That knotty pine deck took a lot of filler!!!)
********************************************************************************
* Swinging the World by the tail since 1960 *
********************************************************************************

mad millie

Post by mad millie »

I would just like share my day with you at a bitter cold ivy lake!!I
It wasnt my boat as i couldnt get ones finger out of ones backside in time so we took my mates and fellow member tom baker, it was his first event with his boat that we spent 24 hours on before the event. The 50 hp jonhson went well(better than mine grrr)but never mind!
but a great day on the water and my rather clever son put together this footage that i took on my christmas pressie!! :hmmm:
sorry the pontoon i took it on was a bit shakey especially when a broom on the plane flies past..lol.
oh nearly forgot!! we did manage to get home after a recovery truck came and recovered our recovery truck and boat!! :hilarious:
cant wait for chertsey!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... Hbx6s&NR=1

baker

Post by baker »

Hi all,
Would just like to say a big thankyou to dave (floater) for hanging around for a good couple of hours until our failed vehicle was recovered so he could lock up.
A very well organised day.

baker :console: