Beale Park Boat Show

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Beale Park Boat Show

Post by Alacrity »

Spent a very convivial day at the above boat show yesterday (Sat) & although the weather was, shall we say, less than clement, I had a good day again in the company of 3 other members manning the stand (when we weren't led astray to the beer tent :shock: ) with other members dropping by to be generally insulted by certain elements! To be fair numbers at the show were understandably down (as were the no. of exhibitors I thought, or was that just me?) but we generated some interest with the six boats we had on show.I think I speak for others when I say, despite the weather's best efforts, a good time was had by all. Boating & the boats seem to be only about 30% of the enjoyment of this club (just as well given the problems with the water available to us) with the social side making up the rest.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: Beale Park Boat Show

Post by se7en »

I had a really good time ...however I did, at times, get asked some stupid questions, after a little practice, you can spot them coming, I found the best thing to do in that situation , was to quickley suggest that the person had a word with Nick, Geoff, Andy or Chris who , I would say , new far more than me, about whatever subject the person wanted to talk about........that will teach them to go to the beer tent with out me..!!
Clive
Last edited by se7en on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

I wondered why so many idiots kept coming up to me saying what a nice boat MY Donaratico was!! :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Old adage, but nutters attract nutters...

Following the pastie and real ale raid, the club's windbags became more so as the afternoon wore on.

Thanks to those who mentioned to the buying public that my boat was actually for sale....

Thanks to all who made the trip, organised the club's 'bits' and generally made it a very enjoyable occasion for me, despite the rain.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...