Bromley Pageant of Motoring - June 14th

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Bromley Pageant of Motoring

Post by Rapier »

That's great, hope the repair goes smoothly. It'll be nice to see your Aquacraft on the water soon; been missing it..

Spoke to Mike T today and he'll bring Vital Spark and phoned Tony V who said he'll bring one Healey and if Phil B is up for it another, which is good news.

I was set to bring the Pearly Miss (a common enough boat, but easy to restore and perhaps save a few more from the scrappy) but cannot make it now.

Is there anyone else interested, particularly the Simmonds / Delta owners.....would be great to have a V6 Delta there too...Blue Mist or Derek's Lady Jane?
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

The CMBA has 3 sites booked thus far; capacity is 9 (3 per site), but we can add to that if anyone feels like joining the growing ranks of exhibitors. The event organisers are most interested, so it should turn out a great day.

Mike will bring a large gazebo and have loaned him the african 'snake' cooker for the occasion...

Let me know here, or send me a PM if you're interested in displaying your boat. I envisage that as the general public don't get to see boats like ours up close, that there'll be a huge amount of interest in them..

Numbers thus far are:-

Donoratico - 85hp Mercury
Moonfleet Aquilla - Sunbeam Alpine
Aquacraft Attacker - TR3
Albatross Continental - 100E
Healey - Unknown (from the Tony V collection)
Healey - Unknown (ditto above)
Delta - V8
Delta - 1500
Space 9 - Open...

9 is open and we're looking for more boats like a Simmonds, Albatrosses and 1600 / V4 and V6 variants of the Delta's..

Simmonds

Post by Simmonds »

Hi Y'all
I'll be dragging my Simmonds( Ford Consul 1703cc engine) along to Bromley, Get the coffee on! Simmonds.

Rapier
Site Admin

Re: Bromley Pageant of Motoring - June 14th

Post by Rapier »

Tickets and instructions mailed 1st class to all the exhibitors today - let me know if they don't arrive.. The lineup of boats is super and judging from the venue layout think that they'll be the center of attention. Hope everyone has fun! The lineup is as follows:-

Donoratico - Jade - 85hp Mercury 850XS
Hal Kelly Jinx - J-82 - Yamato 302
Moonfleet Aquilla - Scandal - Sunbeam Alpine
Aquacraft Attacker - Jamolie - Triumph TR3
Albatross Continental - Vital Spark - 100E
Healey Marine 707 - Healey 3000, Hamilton jet drive
Healey Sprite - 50hp Mercury 500E
Delta - Ford 1500
Simmonds Ski Boat - Lady Jane - 1703cc Ford, Mays cylinder head

if anyone is planning on camp following, the address is Norman Park, Bromley. Website is http://www.bromleypageant.co.uk

tiptoe
CMBA Member: 632

Post by tiptoe »

Hi All, What a great day, and cmba stand was in prime position, weather and people brilliant and got home with no bearing/trailer probs, I'll be up for a repeat performance if we're invited back, maybe the tide will be in next time!! :thumbsup:

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

Chuffed you could make it and that it all went ok!

We had fellow classic-car-owning guests for the weekend....next time we'll come up and join.

Simmonds

Post by Simmonds »

Hi All. A thought occured to me.
They had a parade of all marques of cars , military vehicles etc.in the arena, we should have joined that, and given the commentator the info.on the boats It would have had maximum impact. Perhaps an idea for next year? Simmonds.

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

My old Merc would not have liked pushing the boat around the arena..!! :hmmm:

Simmonds

Post by Simmonds »

Hi all you old boaters,
Just unloaded my boat after Bromley, and I found Three blue folding seats lurking under the deck, which are not mine.
Anybody like to claim them? Phone 01344 778699 or 07801 755695. d.howarth@homecall.co.uk
Anyway I've had them on ebay, couldn't make a bob, so I thought I'd better find the owner. Derek