Bromley Pageant of Motoring - June 14th

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Bromley Pageant of Motoring - June 14th

Post by puddleduck »

Sent to me by Healey 75 -

Thoughts on possible source for new members and car shows...the Bromley Pageant has been going for a while now and bills itself as the biggest 1 day classic gathering in Europe (the World?)... info on the web site http://www.bromleypageant.co.uk date is June 14th
There's still space available this year on club display spaces...cost £5-00/ entry which includes passes for 2 (£12 each on the day)...I think this is one to try for possible new members, display some inboard boats with car engines and see what happens...?

I agree with the above, could be good exposure for us; need volunteers to take and exhibit their boats, CMBA will cover costs. We need say 5 boats with interesting car engines to make a connection with the car types and perhaps one outboard boat to show breadth of the club.

Interested parties please respond here as soon as poss.

Chairman Chris

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: Bromley Pageant of Motoring

Post by se7en »

If you need an outboard boat, I think I could take "Jade", I don't think I have anything booked that weekend , I'll check tommorow.

tiptoe
CMBA Member: 632

Post by tiptoe »

If you need my Aquacraft 'Jamollie' with the big Fins I would be happy to drag her there, she has got a TR3 original engine fitted from new, which surely should interest the classic car fraternity.

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

What about the old moonfleet. Original 1960 Sunbeam Alpine engine, fins, two tone seats. Let me know if it's the sort of thing you would like there.

Al :wot:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

If I were thinking of a good line-up...Jade, Jamollie, Scandal, Vital Spark, a 1600 x-flow delta, a V6 delta and Billy Bob thunderguts, with Lean II possibly..
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Post by puddleduck »

Rapier, I'm off on hols until 15th may. Can you please firm up with the guys above and try to get a couple more to make a 5 boat ensemble for Bromley. Please let Healey 75 know then he can make a definitive booking with the organisers. I've already committed Thunderbolt (and me!)to Beale Park for the previuos wekend, so will not get my pass signed for the Bromley Pageant as well!

see you in a week or so,

cheers

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Scandal, tiptoe and Se7en, can you confirm if you are up for it?

Anyone else with car-based inboards want to attend?

I'll ask Mike T if he's interested, but I think he's a Beale Park regular and may struggle to get a pass. Ideally we want some Ford based boats, a Simmonds 1703cc or Simon's V8 Daimler (?), any Delta or Albatross 4 pots and a V6 or any Healey 55s or 75s available? A project boat may be of interest too..

Let me know if interested in attending...
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

Yes, I'll go, I'll take Jade, I'm going to Beale as well,

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Hi Nick

I can make it. It will be a good excuse to give the old girl a buff up, and ofcourse I could polish the boat. Let me know when you have some more details.

Perhaps we can chat at the Netley boat jumble on sunday

Al

tiptoe
CMBA Member: 632

Post by tiptoe »

Hi Nick, I'm definitely up for it, just a small matter of putting the transom back on (minor de-lamination repair), but I'm half way thru anyway so no problem, look forward to it :thanks: