Chertsey

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Chertsey

Post by Rapier »

Well, what fun!

Boats consisted of Shadow the Delta, Red Dwarf the Yarecraft, J-82 (Yamato powered no less), Colliwobble & HumBug Jinx's, a Healey 55, Scandal's Stinger-powered With Vital, Zulu the Tremlett 14, Alacrity's Freight Train, Darron's Sabre (sic), my favourite Dowty Turbocraft, Zoe the Ponce-a-lot and Thunderbolt Sinks Twice. Some mishaps, a few bruises and cuts but no injuries.

Very special thanks to David K for organising the venue, the BBQ, finding and lugging trailers and for getting wet! And the same to Chris P for endless patience in putting boats in and getting them out again. You made my day very enjoyable. Thanks guys and thanks to those who took my mate around the lake, gave advice on the Merc 200, fetched my fuel when I ran out...(1st time in 5 years please..), etc, etc .

The Lobster (I should know better..).

p.s who lost their prop bag at junction 4? Lol, waste of time those things - H&S gone mad.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Carvalin

Re: Chertsey

Post by Carvalin »

Glad it went well. Would have loved to have been there but Carvalin is not yet ready (at least a couple of weeks away) and Friday's are not the best anyway. Hope to bring her along to an event soon.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Come and join us for an Itchin and Scratchin run, at least you can iron out any problems in company..
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Post by puddleduck »

Many thanks to all on the CMBA search and rescue team who managed to get one small soggy hydro and one large bruised ego ashore! It must be a publicity thing, I don't seem to be able to perform these stunts discreetly and the far end of the lake , it has to be directly in front of the grandstand!

Back in the pits I found my miss-fire by the way, a broken plug - oh, and the cylinders were full of water!

Thanks also to David K for a great day out and to Chris P for launch and recovery sevices - having seen the amount of whisky in his truck I now know what an alcohol-fueled dragster is!

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Hear, hear. Thanks to all the above mentioned & to David for sponsoring the BBQ & to se7en for changing the prop on the freight train up to his naughty bits in water (not deep water in his case :D ) while I lorded it from the boat. :thanks:

Below are a few pictures to be getting along with - Thunderbolt about 2 mins before spitting it's pilot into the drink.
Attachments
Tremlet Zulu - Merc 60
Tremlet Zulu - Merc 60
Thunderbolt - Merc 300
Thunderbolt - Merc 300
Jinx J-82 - Yamato powered
Jinx J-82 - Yamato powered
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

Dartford tunnel £3.00,
Entry fee £20.00
Fuel for the boat £15.00
Chris Harris's lunchtime cabaret..........priceless...!! :lol: for some things you only need money, for others, you need to be a member of the C.M.B.A....!!

Thanks to David for organising and Chris for launching,

I had a really good day,
Clive

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

The Chetsey day out always seem's to get good weather and is a really easy fun day out. I think it could be greatly improved by applying a handicap system. Nothing complicated, just remove two of Geoff's spark plugs so he goes the same speed as the rest of us.

It would be great if this could be run more than once a year

Thanks very much David for organising the day and the barbecue, Thanks Chris for all the lauching and recovery, a special thanks to Puddleduck for demonstrating that the life savers actually inflate sometimes, and thanks to all who turned out and made it another a great day out on the water.

Al

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

Janice and I always look forward to the Chertsey day out and this year was as great as ever the sun the fun the chat and this years additional spectacular we just cannot wait until next year to see who can top that!!.A special thank you to David K and Chris P for your organisation and launching and recovery service and all our other friends old and new .A great day thanks. :D

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Many thanks, for putting the event on...great day...thanks guys :thanks:

cowsail
CMBA Member: 52

Post by cowsail »

good to see you all again-my sincere apologies to all who lost money betting on the buyer of james,winner but i was missing you all so much i had to have another boat.if any bets are on for the loser of the prop bag,that was me too-they are a pain in the proverbial but a legal reqirement.however the old bill were on their tea break as i drove home and they missed me.so that was one plus point and the other was i was still running at the finish-most unusual for me and for that i must thank james.