Craig Craft Boats

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rod
CMBA Member: 0

Craig Craft Boats

Post by Rod »

Hi,
I am in Toronto, Canada and recently bought a 1995 Craig Craft 16' fiberglass sport boat. It has a 4.3L GM V6 engine with a Berkeley jet drive. It looks a bit like a Porsche 911 from the front and was made in the UK for just the one year I believe. I am looking to find more information and history on these boats. I'm also trying to locate a new glass windscreen for it. If anyone has any info please let me know. I would appreciate any assistance.
Cheers!
Rod
1995 Craig Craft 1.jpg
1995 Craig Craft 2.jpg

Howstar

Re: Craig Craft Boats

Post by Howstar »

Thats fantastic, i am sure someone can help .i want that boat car :wot:

rallyspitman

Post by rallyspitman »

Yes this is indeed a Craig craft. Craig built his boats at the lake I ski on, in Lincolnshire uk. He originally made mastercraft replicas, but stopped those when mastercraft started legal proceedings in the mid nineties. He then proceeded to make a small number of parasail tow boats before embarking on this Porsche style project. The prototype hull for this boat is still lying ashore at the lake, and yours is the only other craft I have ever seen. I didn't event realise any ran. As for windscreen surround , the one at the lake doesn't have a screen so I'm afraid I can't help. I can ask around if you like.

What you have is a very rare beast. What is the running gear?

Know where any others are located?

Rod

Post by Rod »

Thank you Rallyspitman for your input!
I have never seen another of these boats but discovered that one had been for sale in Australia a couple of years ago.
Thje power is a 4.3litre GM V6 mated to a Berkeley jet drive. I haven't actually had it in the water yet! I'm having a Perspex windscreen made up until I can locate a glass windscreen.
Any help with info would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Rod

stevecolly

Post by stevecolly »

I actually worked building these boats at Baston Fen in Lincolnshire, the windscreens were made to order by a company in Middlesborough. Craigs partner at the time was Andrew Freeman, who I believe is Still in Baston. I loved these boats, they were very quick and handled well. I designed and installed all of the electrics on these boats. The main buyer for these boats was a guy in Oregon, USA, who bought quite a few. If you cannot obtain a screen, the frame is easily removed, and you may be able to fit something more standard. Hope this is of help and if you want to know more let me know. Steve.

Imagination

Post by Imagination »

Does anyone know where the commissioning plate can be found on a Craig craft eliminator?

Jdobbes

Post by Jdobbes »

I recently came across a Boatster which I am considering buying. Any suggestions of what a fair price in US dollars for this boat which is in great condition would be appreciated.
Joe

mstone

Post by mstone »

Hello everyone, my name is Matt and I just came across a 1995 craig craft, Boss marine porsche boat. This thing is in great cond and runs awesome, coolest boat I have ever seen I just want more info on this thing. I think I might have a prototype because this one does not have a truck cut out and shaved door handles???
If Anyone is out there please let me know, thanks

Andym1113

Post by Andym1113 »

Hi can anyone help me identify the correct engine for my craig craft eliminator think it's 1986-1988 all I know is it's an indmar v8 5.7l Trying to get parts seems to be a nightmare without knowing what engine this boat had from new. I know I was built in the uk By a guy called craig. At baston I believe. I keep the boat near there at tallington. Any help would be great. Thanks Andy

Boatster

Post by Boatster »

Totally aware this is a very old thread.

The boats now in Southampton UK.

Still needs a windscreen.

Any info on who made the screen greatly appreciated.
Prototype Hull#1

Thanks