dateline bounty inboard

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

chriscraft
CMBA Member: 0

dateline bounty inboard

Post by chriscraft »

Hi all this is a bit off the wall for me as i really only know about wooden boats, its about a grp boat but thats why I am asking does anyone know owt abart dateline bountys looking at an inboard merc 140 17,6,, bounty on a trailer mid 80s as far as I can tell, were they any good does anybody want one nowadays, let me know what you think cheers David :wot: :hilarious: :hmmm: :oops: :tumbleweed:
that bloke up north !

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Re: dateline bounty inboard

Post by Scandal »

Hi David

Martin Overall has had what I think is an early one of these for quite a while. I saw it when he took it to Loch Lomond and it is a very usefull boat (in my humble opinion) easy to get in and out of, plenty of easy to use space and goes very well.

Hope this helps

Al

knarloid
CMBA Member: 754

Post by knarloid »

This brings up an interesting point (which has probably been raised in the past on many occasions): Do 1980's boats count in CMBA?
Reason for asking is that I bought a 1980 Checkmate Enticer (bowrider with a 135hp V6 Merc) since moving to New Jersey. Might take it home one day ( :hmmm: ) and wondered about its 'eligibility'. :hilarious:

PS - I've always liked the Dateline Bounty. Knew a family friend who had an outboard version in the late 80's/early 90's.

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

I used to have a dateline hawaiian with a 140 merc and found it a verv well made boat and great on the water, the engine went bang so I ended up putting a V8 oldsmobile diesel in it :D

Knarloid 1980 was 32 years ago, in my teenagers eyes it's a vintage boat :hilarious: