Coniston and Bluebird

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Sans_Sauce
CMBA Member: 180

Coniston and Bluebird

Post by Sans_Sauce »

I too found it but as yet have not managed to read or even see anyones links on this forum so I have pasted it in hoping that it will work if you either click on it or paste it into your web browser.
http://www.lake-district.gov.uk/bluebirdconsultation
And yes I doo prefer the new Forum so far.
Regards
Ken
PS I think this might be one of those covert public anouncements the authority are prone to make when they don't really want anyone to know about it so maybe it needs wider circulation.

chriscraft
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Coniston and Bluebird

Post by chriscraft »

Yes filled mine in - give em hell -
that bloke up north !

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

And me! :x
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Post by twister »

Done.

Don't forget to make appropriate comments - the questions are 'closed' and don't allow free answers, especially re times of the year. Ideal opportunity to criticise the local idiotic bureaucrats!

This could be an opportunity to blast the Green Wellie Brigade off the water!

Post by Guest »

If you hoover out your temp files etc you can fill the form in over and over again! just an observation mind you !!

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

Love the new website thanks to all those involved for the hardwork it is worth it .Done the deed with Coniston and Bluebird survey too. :)

SpiritOfSelkirk

Post by SpiritOfSelkirk »

Twister gave me some idea about lakes and rivers restrictions in the UK and now I have seen it too for myself. It must be quite a challenge to run any event on water there. These days here in Manitoba, Canada where there is 100,000 (for real) lakes we do spread out events and trials though the laws do not necessarily hamper us just be be diplomatic as we do use open pipe racing craft and we must be considerate of others as a result too. That way we are welcomed back and appreciated for our diplomatic consideration of others when we do run. Fishermen love us as fish strike like crazy for some reason as we fly by! ;)

Good luck in staging your successful events, your success is ours too.

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Post by twister »

Hope you've done the questionnaire, John (S.o.S.)...then you'll realise even better how crazy these bureaucrats are. If it moves, tax it (on each piece of water separately). If it's fast, restrict it. :grrr:

People here are incredulous when I tell them that anyone can register a boat in the USA for say, $25, and then use it on virtually any piece of water. And if it's pre-1970 it counts as an Antique Boat and no fee.

chriscraft

Post by chriscraft »

I dont know if my computor is different but I find I can fill the questionaire in everytime I switch on !!!!!!!!!
that bloke up north !

Sea-Jay

Post by Sea-Jay »

Not the real thing - but a pretty amazing video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNBRa3oKit8

Those shots from a distance look JUST LIKE the real thing