PROBLEM WITH FACEBOOK

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

kwoffa
CMBA Member: 1180

PROBLEM WITH FACEBOOK

Post by kwoffa »

Hi there..
I seem to have lost the Facebook Group...yup i know its still there,however i cannot gain access ? i can however get to it on my iphone and my wifes IPad ..without problem...
this all seems very strange ? hopefully someone can advise me on what to do to get it all back again...i have contacted Facebook and got their generic answers,hopefully someone in admin can help?
Many Thanks Mel.

Diomedea

Re: PROBLEM WITH FACEBOOK

Post by Diomedea »

Hi Mel,
I guess you are using Safari?
You could try resetting to clear out the history but be careful you could lose any passwords you have allowed Safari to remember.
As an interim, load up Firefox and try that. If it works then Safari is your problem and a reset should fix it.
Cheers,
Malcolm, the longest distance help you’ll get!

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

Hi Malcom...
I dont use Safari...always use Firefox....
My interest is that i cannot use Safari to gain access either..its as if my IP Address has been blocked i can get to FB page on my phone and my ipad,,,,but they wont share to my mac which is also strange as everything gets shared accross no problem,,,,,good news is my Stainless tank was delivered tonight! Enjoy the rest of your trip...many thanks mate.

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

Hi there... i am really quite confused, my IP address has been blocked when trying to access CMBA Facebook page,,
I have already posted an enquiry as to why and have sought Admin Advice and help to no avail i know i did not renew my membership this year due some rather unpleasant treatment,however i do enjoy seeing whats going on in the group i guess the next move will be to remove this post and stop my access here to ! as this has already happened to some of my posts.

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

This is the explanation regarding being blocked, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14847
It's nothing personal it's because the software doesn't like same user accessing the site using different devices. I have the same problem, I'm blocked on my I phone but ok on the laptop and tablet. "Calm down dear"

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

Hi Floater
I know it appears i am up in the air a bit....however at last i now have an answer and i thank you for that.....still no solution tho ? which is what i was looking for,i am a member on lots of sites and have never experienced this sort of thing before....hence the call out to Admin......

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

I am your problem Mel, but I can assure you you none of the admins (inc. me) have done anything to restrict your or anyone else's FB access.No reason to.

Geoff
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

I know your a problem...it was interesting to see you leave the tent at the trad festival.. once i had introduced myself ...made me laugh....i have no idea why you are gunning for me,,,you dont even know me...or anything about me,,,i am in Eastbourne tomorrow for the Air show and visiting my brother in-laws...give me a call on 07753616074 so we can have a face to face chat.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

I wasn't at Henley this year.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

LOL