1000th forum member

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

floater
CMBA Member: 90

1000th forum member

Post by floater »

Just noticed that we now have 1000 forum members, welcome Nenad :thumbsup:

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: 1000th forum member

Post by se7en »

Would be nice if maybe a few more of them became full CMBA members...... they can join on line.... only £30........go on... treat your self... you won't regret it,,!! :perfect:

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

se7en wrote:Would be nice if maybe a few more of them became full CMBA members...... they can join on line.... only £30........go on... treat your self... you won't regret it,,!! :perfect:

Rather than peddling irrelevant furniture, FiFA **** and Kitchens :wild:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

I do my best to get rid of them as soon as I can! :grrr:

As Se7en rightly says, it would be nice if a few more of the forum members signed up to the CMBA instead of just using us as a free resource, at less than the cost of a :drink: a month its hardly expensive! :tumbleweed:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Definitely need more members and agree membership cost is peanuts really.

In terms of this free resource; there's more than enough free expertise on any boaty subject one needs, and more, on the net - without access to John's Old Merc, AOMCI, Fiberglassics and iboats there's no way I would have been to accomplish what I have.

The CMBA forum has a different slant, more local knowledge and a core of contributors, which is what makes the site work. Maybe need to gather email addresses as part of a registration, before viewing anything and an opt in to be kept directly abreast of announcements / events? The counter argument is that you make registration mandatory people won't visit regularly (like a certain other site).
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...