Broom Scorpio Interior

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

moonman

Broom Scorpio Interior

Post by moonman »

Hi I’m looking for an interior for a mustard colour Broom Scorpio. I only have one side panel remaining so am looking for seats etc in this mustard colour! Any colour pictures of an original interior would be great! Also looking for a modern four stroke electric start outboard I’m restoring this boat for some friends that are new to boating . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Broom Scorpio Interior

Post by Rapier »

Was doing my normal stunt of trying to find pictures that might help without much luck. Call me when you can, as there are other options re. the interior...I redid my Gemini side panels and both the Scorpio and Saturn came with 2 options for seat layout.
Attachments
IMG_2782 (Large).jpeg
IMGP0006.JPG
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

moonman

Post by moonman »

Thanks for your help with this Nick. I Will call you this week. This Scorpio has two raised fibreglass boxes that the seats sit on if that helps.

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

Any sign of a rear bench seat? Or this hinged access panel where back to back seats are used?
Attachments
Picture 561 (Large).jpg

moonman

Post by moonman »

The seats would have been 2 single forward facing seats and a bench seat arrangement I think!

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

Yes, you're right just checked the original catalogue...buckets and bench. Makes it difficult to find..they're wood and bespoke to the 4 models, but now most have rotted. If was back to back, like the De Luxe, would be easier to find replacements. I think the raised box sections are smaller, so might be harder to convert to back to back. I know the Scorpio was built till the early 1990s, by Broom (ditto the MKII Capricorn, which I think had the same front bucket seats)..is possible they still have the patterns.