Pearly Miss - No3

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Pearly Miss - No3

Postby Rapier » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:59 pm

Bought myself a Super Sports, after years of hankering for this basic Pearly Miss model, having had a Deluxe model (GRP deck) and very early ali decked Pearly. This one has been painted, which always fills me with irritation - there's never a need to paint these and without paint they are much easier to maintain Luckily, it has not been painted with zinc chromate primer (typically green or yellow).

So, have bought in supplies of my favourite paint stripper - Power Strip and 5l 99.9% Dichcloromethane for the stubburn bits. Hull is bright yellow below the rub rail...that needs to go too.

Not sure what to do with the deck, which appears to be a large diamond pattern in red with grippy bits in it. Not sure how it'll cope with stripper and wonder if it's original. Most I've come across only have the small pattern Dunlop Trackmark..
Attachments
IMG_2235 (Large).JPG
IMG_2236 (Large).JPG
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...
Rapier
Site Admin

Re: Pearly Miss - No3

Postby Rapier » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:48 pm

Should be finished tomorrow. ;)
Attachments
IMG_2241 (Large).JPG
IMG_2244spot (Large).jpg
Rapier
Site Admin

Re: Pearly Miss - No3

Postby Rapier » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:49 pm

The boat's interior is almost entirely stripped now, some areas still to be detailed. The diamond pattern deck covering has been removed and the normal corrosion is evident where damp has seeped in under it, but glue removal is a sinch with the power strip. The boat originally had a smaller screen closer to the driver. Not too sure what I want to do with the deck..cover it, paint it, or polish it..Original dark blue Dunlop Trackmark on the cubby hole, which is aluminium rather than colour matched fibreglass moulded I've seen on other boats. Also no sign of the Windboats badge mounted on the dash.
Attachments
IMG_2379 (Large).JPG
IMG_2377 (Large).JPG
IMG_2370 (Large).JPG
IMG_2366 (Large).JPG
IMG_2363 (Large).JPG
Rapier
Site Admin

Return to Restoration Projects