Brochure from 1966 London Boat Show

Brochures, parts lists, articles, manuals and more - scanned and shared for your use and enjoyment.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Robal51

Brochure from 1966 London Boat Show

Post by Robal51 »

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Brochure from 1966 London Boat Show

Post by Rapier »

Without a doubt a cracking post..thanks! Interesting to follow the Owens hierarchy (Donald Healey used the Kent as a basis for the Healey Marine Corvette and 707) and of course the Interglass Thunderball used the Healey Sprite moulds which morphed into my Birchwood Thunderski by 1968. Outboard geeks like me notice pricing and cu. in. disparities that allowed Mercury to nail OMC by then too. But see that the Johnson 100 V4 was available in short shaft but not the Evinrude..think had something to do with the 'rude being the less than premium product of the time.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

The Evinrude was available as a short shaft, AHC marine have not listed it, I new Alan Clark, (A.H.C. marine) he didn't have all this stuff in stock, his main money maker was Perkins/Anzani sales and spares, he made a good living out of those for many years. In those days A.H.C in Wimbledon, west London and Lewis Marine in Wanstead, east London were the two biggest dealers in the south , and they both ran adverts like this, always trying to out do each other, in the end, Lewis marine went up market, doing imported boats, Donzi, Riva, Mark Twain and Donoratico boats, as well as the every day stuff , Evinrude, Johonson, Mercury, Crescent, YareCraft, Broom, Fletcher, etc,
and A.H.C. did all the stuff in his add, A.H.C. had some good lines, the Owens was one of them, that always needled Bernie Lewis, he was a friend of Jeff Tobert, (owens U.K.) but could not sell them as A.H.C. had them.................happy days.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Thanks Se7en, nice bit of history...

P.S I have a Starflite 100hp manual if anyone needs to borrow.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...