Evinrude fast twin remotes wanted

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

kingorry
CMBA Member: 0

Evinrude fast twin remotes wanted

Post by kingorry »

I have purchased a good Evinrude fast twin, the previous owner states it a 5 hp but im sure its a lot bigger than that, it looks for all the world like an 18hp and the picture of petrolheads one for sale is exactly the same as mine only thing is the engine cowl is totally white with Evinrude Fisherman on it
Does anyone have for sale a set of remotes or just the levers ? and what type of cable would i have to get for this engine ?

It looks like its about 70s but as the plate is unreadable its difficult to be certain, it could be earlier.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Evinrude fast twin remotes wanted

Post by Rapier »

May be able to identify it from it's cowl or one of the core plugs in the block (sometimes stamped with the model number). Cables and remotes are common, either Morse / teleflex or the pre 1979 cables with open ends (fit the twin lever control master / omc branded control boxes) or the more modern closed cables which fit the Ultraflex style aftermarket boxes. I tended to have problems with the single lever box I have, I think the throw is incorrect for the older motors, so stick with the twin levers for that age.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTRAFLEX-CONTROL ... 4150482f46
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Pics of the different types:-
Attachments
ControlCableMeasure205.jpg
ControlCableMeasure170.jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

i got loads bits can you send me picture of what you need