Grubbs Marine Clearout

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Mpower
CMBA Member: 486

Grubbs Marine Clearout

Post by Mpower »

If anyone has any desperate needs for old mercury outboards, I am looking into getting a shipment over from Bob Grubb.I have bought an engine from him, and am trying to find the cheapest way of getting it back here. The first shipping agent I spoke to said I would have to pay for a minimum weight shipment of 1 ton.

If anyone else wants any bits/engines then we can consolidate the shipment and save all round.

He is having a garage sale at the moment, so there is a real treasure trove of old mercury and other brands parts.
http://www.mercguy.com/Lot_For_Sale.htm

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Re: Grubbs Marine Clearout

Post by sean-nós »

WOW now thats my kind of garage,I would be in heaven. :D

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Try a few more shipping agents...I've had 3 shipped over; mostly small 10 to 20hps 4 years ago and was cheap by ship..think 2 were about 120 quid and took about 5 - 6 weeks.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

PRESKEY
CMBA Member: 601

Post by PRESKEY »

Have a rebuilt and resprayed with new decals in red band style Merc 1000 that's tried and boat tested together with some reconditioned 115 blocks and crank assy's to ayone interested (that's not on a rip off trip) if that helps anyone.
Am also looking for an Evinrude big twin circa '57 for our craft. Thanks for yor attention in these matters, Regards, Malc and Liz.