Broom wanted

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Tommy c
CMBA Member: 0

Broom wanted

Post by Tommy c »

Hi, having sold my scorpio last year, I now regret it.
Looking for another but will also consider a saturn.
Condition not important.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Kingboon
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Broom wanted

Post by Kingboon »

Hi Tommy,

I'm about to put my Broom Scorpio on the market if that's of interest? I'm based in the Surbiton area.

It's an early, we think, 70s scorpio still with the sliding roof, in original orange gel coat and is in great condition. Comes with trailer if needed.

I had a brand new Tohatsu 15hp 4 stroke fitted in July of 2018 by Stephen at Chertsey Marine in Surrey, and he has also winterised/ serviced it for me twice since then. It has lived in the garage over both winters, and I'm pretty sure has been generally kept inside in winter during its life, given the condition. It used to be used on the Norfolk Broads before I shipped it here, according to the previous owner. The boat without engine cost me £2,500 (including being shipped) in 2018.

The engine has done fewer than 50 hours on freshwater since then. And has been serviced/winterised twice.

It has a newly made black canvas cover that attaches to the back of the sliding roof, and the interior is all original black vinyl, with just the back seat cushion needing re-covering. If you wanted a professional view on it I'm sure Stephen at Chertsey Marine could give you his view on the boat, I'd be very happy to ask him.

I've not put the boat in the water yet this year, and have no plans to do so. It's not the right boat for us anymore, but I would love to see it go to someone who would take care of it -- it's a lovely example. The comment it received from a passer by when it first arrived at Chertsey Marine to be fitted out was along the lines of 'did it just come out of the box?'.

All the best,

Ben