broom screen metal surround

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

kingorry
CMBA Member: 0

broom screen metal surround

Post by kingorry »

Hi.

Need to get some dimentions for a broom saturn screen, tried contacting brooms, the hire yard, but no response . Cant get hold of them by phone, not answering.
Does anyone have the sizes they could e-mail to me or know of any old screen thats available, The perspex is not a problem but the metal channel is as my boat came without any screen at all so i have nothing to work from apart from Robins info in his article on restoration.

also if anyone has any back to back seats for the saturn, i need a full set otherwise i will have to resort to the modern single type fitted back to back.

Thanks

Steve.

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: broom screen metal surround

Post by se7en »

Jeckalls of Wroxham, Norfolk, most likley made the upholstery when the boat was new, there still in Wroxham, give them a bell, and see if they can help.we deal with them at the yard, there very competitive on price.
Last edited by se7en on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Wise make a folding back to back seat in various colours, with base, similar to Broom's. Used to see a lot advertised, but this is the UK market and 150quid a side, i.e £300 for 4 seats,tends to stick in the craw, esp. grey ca. 1983. Viotap has ones made in Gleece, smaller and and in hideous 2 tone colours (no doubt the range will include some 'normal' colours) at a lower price, but lacking in backside size the last time I saw them at the Beaulieu Jumble (strange really, being Gleek made). Try Compass Inflatables 01243-373007.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

any old screen thats available
Yup, I have an old screen - and you're more than welcome to come and take it away...
I'm in West Sussex - whereabouts are you?

Cheers,

R
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

kingorry

Post by kingorry »

BroomBroom wrote:
any old screen thats available
Yup, I have an old screen - and you're more than welcome to come and take it away...
I'm in West Sussex - whereabouts are you?

Cheers,

R
Thanks, only problem is i am in Blackpool on the north west lancashire coast, would it be able to be packaged to come via courier ? dont know if thats practical,
from your point of view ?. does it have the metal surround ? My e-mail address is bikerstevek@hotmail.co.uk . I could probobly arrange the carriage from my end if you think its worth doing.

Thanks again for your offer.

Steve.

kingorry

Post by kingorry »

Rapier wrote:Wise make a folding back to back seat in various colours, with base, similar to Broom's. Used to see a lot advertised, but this is the UK market and 150quid a side, i.e £300 for 4 seats,tends to stick in the craw, esp. grey ca. 1983. Viotap has ones made in Gleece, smaller and and in hideous 2 tone colours (no doubt the range will include some 'normal' colours) at a lower price, but lacking in backside size the last time I saw them at the Beaulieu Jumble (strange really, being Gleek made). Try Compass Inflatables 01243-373007.
Thanks for the info ,

Steve.

kingorry

Post by kingorry »

se7en wrote:Jeckalls of Wroxham, Norfolk, most likley made the upholstery when the boat was new, there still in Wroxham, give them a bell, and see if they can help.we deal with them at the yard, there very competitive on price.
Thanks for the info, hoping to make my annual visit to the broads in June,so this is very usefull info for me as i hire a boat from Wroxham and it would fit in well for collecting seats if i can get them made.

Cheers

Steve.

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

Hi Steve,
would it be able to be packaged to come via courier
...probably not practical :( It's large and floppy, so unless I happen across a v.large cardboard box I don't think that's a goer.

I think Healey75 may still have a template taken from this - so it may be worth dropping him a PM to see if you could scrounge it. The screen is dumped under a pile of junk at the moment, but if Healey75 can't help, let me know and as soon as it stops tipping it down I'll dig it out and try to get a template off it for you.
does it have the metal surround
Sadly no... I'd be a rich man if I had a pile of those lying around - find a friendly metal bender is the best advice I can offer.

I believe our contact at Brooms has left - I'm trying to find out the position and will post when I have further info. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Robin
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/