Moonfleet parts

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Classicman
CMBA Member: 1210

Moonfleet parts

Post by Classicman »

Does anyone have any Moonfleet parts for sale namely steering wheel, badges and gauges etc ? Unfortunately due to a shed fire some of my stored items have been written off. Let me know. Many thanks

moonman

Re: Moonfleet parts

Post by moonman »

What model of Moonfleet do you have?
The steering wheel originally came from the the MK 2 zodiac (without the horn rim)
The original badges will be very hard to find! In my many years collecting Moonfleets and the associated parts I don't think I've found any that were not attached to a boat!
As for gauges these would originally have been A.C gauges but if you have the remains try a company called Speedy Cables which a few of the Moonfleet owners have used !
They can rebuild your original or possibly supply a replacement.
Hope this helps!

Classicman
CMBA Member: 1210

Post by Classicman »

Thanks for your reply moonman
Mine is the 15'6" with the Sunbeam engine I can never remember out of the three which model it is. I think Silver Shadow !! I have all the original brochures somewhere in the office so I must look it up again. ( the joys of getting older )
I was most upset at the steering wheel being roasted as it had the original badge and hub on it !!!
If you hear of anything for sale I would be interested . Cheers

moonman

Post by moonman »

If your boat has the fins aft it's a Silver Shadow as its got the Alpine engine!
It would be great to see a picture of your boat
If you have any Moonfleet parts you would like to sell please let me know!

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Post by welshhealey »

Hi Classicman, if you look at the Boatshed page, I posted info recently about the Moonfleet steering wheels.
Speedy Cables were mentioned by Moonman , I had my cables and clocks supplied by this company, I gave the old ones as patterns and the finished products were superb ! They are not cheap by any means, however the reproduction is exactly as original. With regards to identifying your boat model, if the start of the fins amidships are like the aforementioned picture, then it is the Aquila, which had options of either the Zodiac/ Zephyr 6 Mk 3 or the Sunbeam Alpine like you have, the latter being quite lively for a 1960s inboard as the engine is at least half the weight of the lumpy straight 6 .I had a ride in one of our members boat with Sunbeam unit shortly after being restored ( that also being an Aquila) and let’s just say it was a white knuckle experience! If you would like some pictures of my Aquila for reference please give me a shout :thumbsup: