Dateline Bikini jet

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Pete54
CMBA Member: 769

Dateline Bikini jet

Post by Pete54 »

Holidays often provoke some decisions and it has in my case.

My Dateline Bikini project is for sale. Cosmetically scruffy it is in good mechanical condition (oil pressure, temps, jet unit). The hull has a few scars but with careful filing and oxalic acid should not need to be painted. The topside have been painted previously and would need to be filled and painted again.

The engine is a Ford 3ltr V6 and all the marinising parts are in good condition.

As ever the upholstery is a bit sad and would transform the look of the boat when refinished.

The jet unit is newly re-assembled having reduced the impellor clearances. The boat comes with a complete spare jet unit - every part!

It also sits on a very good breakback trailer - originally galvanised and now zinc primer painted. Fitted with all new rollers, stays and bearing savers. It is probably good for in excess of 1.5 tonnes so the Bikini is well within its capability. New battery was fitted last year.

It has to go to free up space in the shed for other things (my lovely little Albatross for one!), so any sensible offer secures it. (FWIW I paid £950 for it on a pretty flimsy trailer without the spares).

I'm just south of Aberdeen and so more than happy to post better photos etc. With a hour of hours work it is useable. With a couple of months it culd be really nice.
P1040105.JPG
P1040106.JPG
P1040105.JPG
P1040105.JPG
Attachments
P1040108.JPG
P1040107.JPG

Pete54
CMBA Member: 769

Re: Dateline Bikini jet

Post by Pete54 »

Oh and a near derelict one, non-runner without a trailer sold on Ebay for £300.

propel
CMBA Member: 395

Re: Dateline Bikini jet

Post by propel »

Pete, I would like more photo's /information £££. I live in NE England(newcastle). Dave.