Big Twin Lid

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Big Twin Lid

Post by petrolhead »

I still seek a Big twin Evinrude lid in decent condition to replaces the one stolen off Min a few years ago. It is the swoopy one with an arch shape drop flap in front mid 60's. I have other lids but all the wrong shape and as some of you know it currently wears a Lark square lid.

If I understood how to make pictures upload on this site a picture would be added :hmmm:

If anybody can help let me know.

Thanks

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Re: Big Twin Lid

Post by BroomBroom »

If I understood how to make pictures upload on this site a picture would be added :hmmm:
Monsieur petrolhead...
I'm keeping eyes peeled for you errant lid - in the meantime I may be able to help with your picture uploading probelm - have a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=241

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1030

... hope that helps - (if you're still not sure just get in touch - you know where I am!)

Cheers,

R
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

I'm a thicky here...it is reducing pictures to a size that is accepted I can't do....I can hit the buttons ok :oops:

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

I'm a thicky here...it is reducing pictures to a size that is accepted I can't do....I can hit the buttons ok :oops:
Right... (waves magic wand) - just go here:

http://www.picresize.com/

This site allows you to upload a file and then it resizes it for you and presents you with the finished thing ready to download to your PC. If you choose a width of say, 800pixels in the size box, you should be good to go - try it - you can't b____r anything up!

Sometimes, especially with newer all singing and dancing digital cameras, it is actually the resolution of the image (the Dots per Inch or dpi) that makes the files large. In this case, further tweaking may be needed, but try this site first and see how you go!

Hope that helps.

R
PS - Just a thought, have you tried chatting to Outboard Spares Unlimited? (01622 817073) - can't remember the guys name but just might have appropriate lid lurking...
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

grant

Post by grant »

Petrol head,I have a few,I'd be happy to do a swap for that lark one you have,
I'l P.M you
Best Regards
Grant