Grendon lakes, Northampton - Camping weekend

Know of any good venues for running our boats? Please share them here and give as many details as possible - launch arrangements/costs/restrictions etc.
Please use the location Name and County as the title of the post - thank you.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Carvalin

Re: Grendon lakes, Northampton - Camping weekend

Post by Carvalin »

I'd love to come, depending on date of course......

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Tim, don't forget to liaise with me, or at least check the events calendar if it comes to actually booking it. The diary is quite full but there are some spaces. I normally try to allow 2 weeks between events if at all possible, of course that can't always happen & some events are set in stone to clashes inevitably occur.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Post by Simonp »

Hi Tim

Did you manage to make any progress on this one - would be nice to fix up an informal meet this year if we can - what sort of costs do you think would be involved?

SimonP
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.